Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Life goes on

I never realized the cliches about being a stay at home mom were so true until I became a stay at home mom. I've always worked at least 50+ hours a week, cleaned here and there, and cooked usually a few nights a week. Since being a stay at home mom, I'm sure I put more expectations on myself than necessary, but geez! When is my day off??? I've also realized that I've allowed my new "job" to take over and quit carving out me time.

We've had a busy few months and I'm sure it won't slow down. 1st off, I've been having a reading contest with Little Mark. We challenged each other to read Eragon and whoever finished first picked out the next book. Well, no surprise, I finished the book with flying colors...even though I found it completely boring. I kindly let him know he can finish the series if he wants but I wasn't going to torture us on purpose with reading the next book. He is now reading the Hunger Games. I read the series in 2 1/2 days in December...yes, they are THAT good! We are also now survivors of the New Mexico state testing that lasted for 3 very LONG weeks. Phew!

Now that we are settled into Clovis, we've found a new church home...trying desperately to make new friends. Big Mark is on a softball league. The older two kids are getting invited to 15 different birthday parties every weekend and the slumber parties are starting. Now I get why my mom was always a little frazzled with all 3 of us girls trying to go here and there. Coordinating who goes where, when, rides, etc. gets to be a little much. I know it's going to just get crazier! Needless to say, there aren't dull moments in my life. And if there are, I savor and cherish them!

I've also started selling Scentsy! I'm completely in love with their products and should own stock I've got so much product (even before selling). I love being able to share my obsession and addiction with others now! LOL

So my mission this month is to do something just for ME and then to plan a date night. Why, you ask? Well, why not?! I deserve a break here and there and I know my husband and I would both love a date where we can do whatever we want. So that's the plan. And I'm sticking to it!

1 comment: